Friday, June 21, 2013

Ludum Dare test

I'm going to try to enter my first Ludum Dare. It's a 48 hour game development competition. Obviously, that is an incredibly short time frame to create a game from scratch. So in order to prepare, I've decided to test what I can actually accomplish in two days.

Diamond Hunter is what I came up with. It's a very simple puzzle game where you must collect all diamonds to win. You'll also need to find certain items to get past some obstacles.

I kept it simple so code problems were not an issue, graphics not too ambitious, and music is a looped chord progression that I hope doesn't get too tiring to listen to. Overall, I think it turned out great. I'd definitely like to do another test run.

Language: Java 7 (Java 2D)
IDE: Eclipse
Graphics: Photoshop
Sound: Magical 8Bit Plug

Game:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59779278/Diamond%20Hunter.jar

Eclipse Project:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59779278/Diamond%20Hunter.rar

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm from brazil so please, ignore the errors in this comment.

    I'm studying to become a game developer and loved your creations, especialy this one! It is really great and cute, simple yes, but still fun!

    I'm watching your video tutorial "Java 2D Game Programming Platformer Tutorial" on youtube to see if i can finish a project for this semester (a plataformer game using AI)
    Thank you for your help.

    -> I win Diamond Hunter in 3 minutes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha your game called me a bumbling idiot! It's a fun game for such a time crunch good code

    ReplyDelete