Sunday, March 23, 2014

Psytech - dev 1

I don't really have any more tutorial ideas, so for now, I'm just sticking to making games. My current project is a top-down shooter. It's in very early stages. I've already thought up most of the game mechanics, but have yet to implement them.

The game is called Psytech because apparently people in the future have some kind of psychic abilities, although weak. Psytechs are soldiers with strong psychic abilities amplified by technology.



This is a sort of single player horde mode, where you have to survive a certain number of waves to finish a match. You always start out at level 1, and gain exp by killing enemies. Every level up boosts your stats. You may also earn skill points.

The skills have a tree structure, so you need to plan out which path down the skill tree to take. You can focus on passive abilities to boost weapon damage, or spec for offensive Psykinetic abilities. Weapons and their attachments are also suited to different play styles.

Like I said, every match starts the player at level 1. However, there is also persistent rank. This is the exp you gain after a match. Higher rank means more weapons and attachments. I haven't fully thought this out yet so I'm not sure. This is kinda far into the future.

My next goal is to get the skill system working.

1 comment: