Sunday, June 15, 2014

Leaderboards and Achievements

Looky looky at what I have here.

Video

That's right. Leaderboards and Achievements. Also, I found out you can actually record your Android 4.4 (KitKat) screen using ADB. No root required. Kind of a bummer to people not using 4.4.

Anyway, I had to jump through a bunch of hoops just to get these working. Linking libraries, getting OAuth2 or something, achievement IDs, leaderboard IDs, Google Play Game Services API, alpha testing.

So far, the achievements aren't being unlocked. I wonder if it's because I didn't download the Plop apk from the Play Store, or if the leaderboards and stuff don't work on alpha release? I don't know. But I just submitted the (hopefully finished) game to alpha production. I really wish there won't be any more problems.

EDIT:
Ohhhh myyyy goooooooooooooooood. The achievements aren't being unlocked because I don't have the code for it! For some reason, my brain decided to blank out when writing the method for achievement unlocks. Here it is:

public void unlockAchievement(String achievementId) {
       
}

Yeah it's empty. I need to take a break. It's a good time to take a break anyway. It takes like 5 hours for Google Play store listing to update every time you upload a new apk.

Totally super amazing video of me getting the Lightning Reflex achievement

No comments:

Post a Comment